- The battle began when Russia’s Министерство Обороны (Ministry of Defense) sent the following tweet on Thursday, accusing the United States of conducting airstrikes with two A-10s within Syria.
- United States Army Colonel Steve Warren, spokesman for Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR), responded with scathing remarks against Russia’s operations…
- Not wanting to back down from a fight, the Russian MOD fired back.
- Col. Warren responds, essentially saying “check yourself, Russia.”
- Only a few minutes went by, and Col. Warren followed up with another tweet including a link to DoD strike summaries.
- But then Russian MOD goes on to brag about Russian airstrike in Aleppo! Hmmm…
- It didn’t take long for Team USA to pick up on that discrepancy.
- …and then follow up with a link to U.N. report on humanitarian crisis in Aleppo http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=53207#.Vr9smsLMuhd
- Russian MOD attempts to re-assure its followers..
- USA fires back, questioning the truth of Russia’s statement.
- Then finally, in a bizarre turn, Russia expresses concern over the accuracy of their maps. Let’s translate: “Wait, do we know where our bombs are going?”
Today, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev told European Leaders he objected to the accusations, stating there was no evidence of Russian bombing of civilians. He also remarked that we are slipping into a “new cold war”, but these tweets seemed pretty heated!
Latest posts by Chris Fox (see all)
- Profiles of Liberty: Episode 4 (Doug Orchard and the JFK Challenge) - April 17, 2016
- 8 Best Jobs for Veterans in 2016 - March 18, 2016
- Ms. Veteran America 2016 Competition - March 18, 2016
- Calling Veterans “Veterans” is Now Offensive - February 24, 2016